I've been thinking about that "three things you do to help your humans".... and I realized what a BIG help I've been to them over the years.
1. I helped raise my Boy (the skin-kid), and he has the scars to prove it. He was pretty rowdy, and I had to give him many correction nips those first few years. I worked hard at making sure he knew his place in the pack order - beneath mine. Now he's a college student, and I couldn't be prouder. I did a good job.
2. I keep the yard free of birds, mice, squirrels, rabbits, possums, raccoons, and skunks. Most get taken away, but I try to chomp down the rabbits before the humans notice, they're soooo tasty. Waste not, want not.
3. I help my humans make friends, because everyone we pass by wants to tell me I'm beautiful, and wants to pet me, and asks questions about Siberian huskies. My humans have no social life, so if it weren't for me, they wouldn't meet anyone!
See how helpful I've been? Where would they be without me? They'd have an out-of-control teenager, a yard full of vermin, and no one to complain about it to.
Take it away, Jack--
A-Roos to yous,
I may be the new kid on the block, but I'm already helping out around here.
1. I keep the floors clean. I would like it if they dropped a few more crumbs and maybe a pot roast, but I do my best.
2. I bark at 6 am every morning to make sure they don't oversleep. I have to bark even more at 6 am on weekends, cause they always oversleep on weekends.
3. I follow my hu-mom everywhere she goes just to make sure she doesn't get lonely or miss me or something. I follow her up & down the stairs from room to room, and guard the bathroom door, then follow her downstairs and into the kitchen, then the laundry room, and upstairs again into the computer room, and downstairs to the garage...well, it just goes on & on. I'm very dedicated.
As you can see, I'm very useful kind of guy. You might even call me a "Jack of all trades".
Woos and a-Roos,
Star and Jack