10/10/2007

Back to the Beach

We made a trip back to the beach, but it was gray, and the waves and beach were full of some kind of red algae, not very pleasant. It took a great deal of planning on my part to step around it and not get it on my paws. See how the water looks kind of maroon? There were a couple of labs on the beach, they didn't seem to mind the red stuff & were out there swimming, but that's labs for you. If it's wet, they're in it.

But it's fun to get out & smell the air & beaches have some nice stinky stuff!


Now, look at this next picture & let's play "What's wrong with this picture?"

Does Jack look like he's about to bite my butt, or what?
...................
.............
.....

OK, he was just yawning, but it gives you an idea of how annoying he can be. I have to watch my back constantly. I think he's part coyote/Trickster.

As you can see, we had the beach pretty much to ourselves. I guess humans don't hang out on beaches when it's gray & foggy.
We got home & Jack went out to play or bury his toy or something. I was happy to get home to my comfy bed & have a nap. Holly tagged everyone to tell three things we do to help our humans, I'll have to think on that while I sleep...

9 comments:

Bama said...

Woooo Jack, Mikki here. Just wanted to stop by and say woo.
(Ithink that's whats knows as red tide in AlaBama, and it can make someone pretty sick, so it's good you stayed away from it!
Looks like a fun trip to the beach though.
Manykisses,
Bama & the RHP

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrr Mateys, that beach be a good place to dig for buried treasure. Harrrrr

Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

The Husky in the Window said...

You'all get to go to the beach a lot. That is so cool. And Jack looks like he behaved. You and Missy are just to set in your ways. Us young pups are good for you.
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Elyse K said...

Woooooos, Star and Jack ... you are fluffy and beautiful and I enjoyed the pictures of your trip to the beach!

Love from your fan,
Elyse

Phred said...

Don'cha have a Fambly Boat, yet?

Get wun wiffa sail onnit ... HuDad kan play wiffa sails an HuMom kan steer - You Guys kan enjoy da sites!

Yipps & Yapps ~
/s/ Cinder & SmokeMutt

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I love that picture of you and Jack! He looks like quite the jokester. I see your dad is a fan of an OSU. So is my mom, but a different one.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Wooo You two.. glad you had a good time at the beach! Hey, I love love love your new profile photo!!! CUTE
hugs,
Sitka

The Army of Four said...

Ha ROOO! Star - that last picture of you .... oh, great Balto, do you look bee-roo-tiful! I may ask Mom to print that out so I can hang it in my carrier. Sigh. You're stunning!
I like that picture of you & Jack - he looks like FUN!
Oh, the beach looks so wonderful! I thought for SURE we'd get one when those seagulls showed up, but now they're gone -- and no ocean! :(
Hey... OSU? My dad's from Ohio! Are you guys rooting for the Indians?
Play bows,
Zim

Amici said...

The beach is the best when it is empty!!! Sorry that it looked like the pup WAS going to bite your butt! Phew...good thing it was just a thought.