8/18/2007

Does he stay, or can I send Jack back?

Yeah, yeah, I know, I've been out of touch. I've had to work overtime correcting this new pup. Gotta watch him every minute. It's exhausting, so I have to sleep more too. I really really have to do this hard work because Jack has worked his magic on my humans. They say they think he & I will be okay together and the little puppyhead is going to stay.
They may say “I” decided, but that’s only because they are interpreting my tolerance as acceptance. So I give you the evidence, you decide.
Here is our first “group” picture:


Do I look pleased, or what? See my “happy ears?” Neither do I. I’m only sitting there because I am a good, good, girl & I listen to my humans when they threaten me. (I’m no fool, I know who passes out the treats.)
He's still a pain in the butt. He kept running off with MY squeakies, so instead of punishing him, you know what hu-mom did? She took HIM to the store & he got a brand new toy that he won't share with me! I told him ALL the squeakies are mine, but he looks at me and says "not this one!"


He even took it outside with him. He hasn't even figured out how to make it squeak, dumb puppyhead. I'm trying,...I'm really trying, to smile through all of this!



That Jack also took over one of my favorite sleeping spots and spend most of the day like this:

Another annoying thing he does is that he follows Hu-mom EVERYWHERE! I mean EVERYWHERE! But probably the most annoying thing of all is that he is so darn cute, he has that "puppy face" humans melt over. OK, I'll give him that, he is about as cute as they come...

So I decided (because I am wise and can see the writing on the wall)Jack can stay.

12 comments:

Khady Lynn said...

Star, I know that once you get use to him, you will be very happy he is there for you. Right now you miss Sherman, and that is understandable. But soon, Jack will be your new best friend and it won't hurt so bad that your Sherman is at the bridge. He will be looking down and be happy that YOU are happy!

Holly

Phred said...

BIG *GRINN*

Hey Star ~

You just GOTTA start readin da Fambily Memos! Ole Sherman sent one affore you got Jackie Boy back Home ...
Said He wuz gonna be a GREAT Fill-In, an dat He had the Sherman Seal of Approval!

Now quit da *PHUSSIN* an drag that boy down to the Dawg Park to do sum Showin Off wiff him. Remember the line He's My Brudder.

PS: SHOW da lil PupHead HOW to *squeek* his new toy ... great excuse to try it out!

HAPPIE NEW lil Brudder!!!!

/s/ Cinder & Smokey (anna Relieved Dad!)

Amici said...

Star, we think you made a great choice! Jack sure looks lovable and maybe once you get to know one another more you'll start to have tons of fun together. You two seem to make a good pair (I would just work on the group pics :P).

Bama said...

Wooohooo, Star. We finally got our new 'puter hooked up, so I can finally start visiting all my new friends, again. I'm sure Sherm is glad you have company again, even if Jack is a crazy puppyhead pain in the tail, at least you won't be lonely or bored anymore, and we all have faith that you'll whip him into shape in no time.
Love,
Bama & the River Hill Pack

The Husky in the Window said...

Hey Star, you have to keep him. He'll grow on you. Us pups just like to see what we can get by with. But we do love you.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Elyse K said...

Yay, Star! You can teach your little brother Jack all the important things you know. Could you please ask your Hu-Mom to give you both some enormous Husky Hugs for me, please? I enjoyed the out-door photos TONS!


Elyse

Anonymous said...

Star... I must admit, he does have that cute puppy face that makes you wanna kiss him!!! You know, he is taking your toys and your sleeping spots because they smell like you.
Hugs,
Sitka

The Beasts- Royal, Brock & Alki said...

Hey Star!

Well it sounds like Jack is staying for good, eh? Give him a chance, I know how he feels, my new Big Brother Brock didnt care much for me for a long time, but he's finally started playing with me. ...Sometimes. I know you'll learn to like him soon!!

*Royal*

Kapp pack said...

Yes we too have an annoying puppy....somehow the humans think we just have to put up with them!

-Kelsey Ann

Roxey, Huney & Bon said...

Oh Star!
I'm so glad you've finally decided to give that Jackie boy a chance!

Sorry to hear he's taken your favorite spot, but I have to say...he does look pretty comfy, and cute too:-)

Lots of hugs to both you and Jack

Love Anna, Roxey, Huney & Bon

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Oh wow, Jack is so like Steve! Steve sleeps upside down like that too. Here's a tip. Use it to your advantage. When Steve starts sleeping like that, I take the opportunity to either take his stuff or lie down on his head so he can't move.

Kat

The Army of Four said...

Hee hee hee! That's how I hold MY ears when I'm not a happy camper, too! :)
Love,
Amber