2/15/2012

Wednesday Woos- the Fort on our Island!

Hey pups, there's a fort right here on our island!
Ft. Adams was built in the 1799 to defend Narragansett Bay from the British! Mom took us fur a walk, a very short walk, the other day. We didn't stay long cause th wind blows really hard there, and the windchill factor it was only 8°, which apparently is too cold for humans. We thought it was GREAT!

So there's not many pics, but we thought we'd post them anyway.
Here's a View Over Moo, ha-roo roo roo!
(Actually, that's Jack's fuzzy fur in front.)
I walked around to check out these cannon things...
very cautiously, cause mom said they be dangerous
and make a lot of noise...
...but not today! Nothing in there, Mom, is safe to come closer!
Moo spotted the entrance to the Fort. It had a big iron fence across it.
Hey Jack! Lets see if we can sneak in!
Hmm, I don't think so, moo, its too tight a fit fur my fluff!
Maybe I can squeeze in over here....Eeeeerrrrrrgh!
Nope, I don't want to squash my fluffy self and get stuck!

Hey, Moo, wouldn't this be perfect for Capt. Mav
to put on the Good Ship Maverick??
"Ready, aim, fire, Harrrrr!"
...and with that, Mom headed back us back to the warm Siberian Outback.
Maybe we'll get to come again sometime,
I sure would like to come back here for more adventures!

A-roos to yous, and toodle-woo,
jack & moo

6 comments:

The Army of Four said...

What a cool fort! You guys sure had a cool adventure there - wish me and Dave had been there!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: Yeah, I still don't understand why bipeds don't find those single digit temps as comfy as we do!

Elyse K said...

What a pawsome fort, Jack and Moo! Thank you fur taking me with you on the tour!

Bassetmomma said...

That is so cool!

Keith Andrea said...

Hey moo.. next time PM me if your going to somewhere because I want to go with you. huhuhu...

Love lots;

Dog Fence

sharkgila said...

Pawsome adventure. Your mommy could do with a coat like yours, eh.

Wooo,
Togo, Tagar & Gamby

Redberry Cottage said...

That is a interesting fort. We will have to read all about it.
Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy,Lucy, Phoebe and Lily