"To accept the award, share some fun or interesting facts about yourself. Post this award on your website with a link back to your nominator and don't forget to share interesting or fun facts about yourselves. To pay it forward, nominate your choices for Stylish Blogger Award recipients! "
OK, we'll let mom handle this one.
Thanks, pups! I'll keep to an animal theme:
1. The first pet I can remember was a parakeet. My mom always had a parakeet or canary when I grew up. The most unusual one was a rust-colored canary with flecks of orange on his wings. I still love birds, and maybe I'll have one again sometime (when I don't have a house full of predators!)
2. My first pet of my very own was a hamster named Buttons. He was all white and had bulgy red eyes. He was really cute. I had a second hamster named Raisins (after the dark spot between his ears), and I dearly loved that little golden-brown hamster. We played together all the time. He got lost inside my piano for a week once, we finally found him after the piano started making some rather ghostly sounds one night!
3. We got a dog when I was about 10. He was from the pound, a little cocker-mix. His name was Tex, and he was lots of fun. My 2 brothers and I learned a lot about responsible pet ownership from that little guy. Every kid should have a dog. (provided they are taught how to treat them right)
4. I tried bringing home strays, but I was never allowed to keep them, darn it.
5. I wanted a kitten, but my dad really really didn't like cats.
6. My first pet when I moved away from home was a sweet little tabby cat named Amber. I owned cats for the next 30 years, probably about 8 of them. My last cat, ChowChow, was with me for almost 16 years. He was a Siamese cross, his coloring was like a ragdoll, but he had short fur, and beautiful blue eyes. We had also owned his litter-brother, a handsome black & white boy named Puss In Boots. He eventually picked out a nice country home for himself... (apparently he didn't want to move with us.)
7. We've been owned by 6 dogs. (5 Siberians & 1 Rottie-Aussie mix). I think we're officially addicted to Siberians. (Is there a program for that?)
Ha-roo roo roo, mom is so funny! Well, we're glad she's addicted to Siberians!
We asked her to put a picture, and she said here she is with her first puppy! Can we hear a big "Awwwww!" please?
We'll be passing this award on to several of our blogging pals, hope they have as much fun with it as we have. And thanks again to 5 Sibes fur thinking of us!
A-roos to yous, and toodle-woo,
jack a-roo & miss moo
and our mom, Pat