8/27/2010

Staycation!

While mom & dad went to that wedding last weekend, Jack and I got a little "staycation" of our own up at Colonial Kennels, my home kennel.
My mom & sis & aunties & cousins still live there, so for me it was like having a big family reunion! Plus, I LOVE the girls who work there, and I was SO FURRY HAPPY to see them, I could hardly hold still long enough fur a picture!
I went belly-up, melting onto Katie's lap!
She gives such good belly rubs!
Finally I held still for a "photo op" for mom.
In the meanwhile, Jack was eyeing the bins of pigs ears, hoofies, and other assorted delights. He gave mom "those eyes", like when he really really wants something, and she caved. (She really wanted us to be happy while we were there)
After a few minutes she said goodbye, and we went back to see my real mom & sis and the other boarding puppers.

"We'll be fine, Mom, don't worry about us.
I'll keep an eye on Jack. You & dad have fun!"
It was noisy, cause everyone wanted to greet us, but they all calmed down once we were settled in. We stayed right across from the kitchen, so we got to see lots of action. It was furry interesting. We got to stay together, too. We liked that a lot cause we didn't want to have to stay in separate kennels.

I enjoyed introducing my old furiends to Jack. He was furry talkative & told them all about our fun life together. I think he made lots of new furiends!
But, I have to admit that when mom showed up a few days later, we were furry furry happy to jump in our Siberian Outback and head back to the island. After all, "there's no place like home"!
a-roos to yous and toodle-woo,
jack a-roo & miss moo

9 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Such pawesome pikhs!

The last one was inkhredible!

I'm glad woo had such fun!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Yes, it is nice to have a little getaway, but it is always so wonderful to come home. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Noll's Nip said...

Oh how nice! I can just imagine Jack going all "a-woo-woo-woo" talking up a storm :)

JacksDad said...

That looks like a wonderful vacation home!! It could be on HGTV!

The Army of Four said...

Tummy rubs? I love tummy rubs.
Luv,
Dave

Jacqueline said...

It seems like you guys enjoyed a fun vacation too=how great to see your other family members again!...Love the last photo!!..Happy Friday, sweet friends...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Anonymous said...

wow. there's nothing like having a home away from home for your pups to go to when they can't be w/you. pawsome!

Teddy Westlife said...

I'm glad you had such a good time!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Wow, it looks like you were welcomed back with open arms, Moo! Steve wants to know if Jack got to sample all of those delicious chewies.

Kat