10/22/2010

Friday: flying trees

Woo'll never guess what I saw while I was watching out my front window yesterday!
Flying trees!





Yup, our neighbor said when he planted it 50 years ago, it was only a thin little stick. He had very mixed feelings about cutting it down, but now it's causing some problems with his patio & stuff, so he decided to have it removed. Bye bye, Old Oak.
I wish humans made sure their trees have enough space to grow as they should - and not be in the way of something else- before they plant them. It made mom very sad to see this beautiful tree cut down too. Of course, sometimes it needs to be done. My bipeds had a smaller tree cut down that had been planted directly under the electrical wires of 2 houses -- But then they planted our little Hoopsi where it can get to be 40 , 50, or even 60 feet tall without creating a problem. We hope it gets to be a big beautiful spruce and live a long long long life.

I wonder what I'll see outside my window today?
jack a-roo

13 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a furry khool post!

Thanks fur sharing your flying tree!

As fur today?

Did woo see any of my floof?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

D.K. Wall said...

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to chase a squirrel who now is missing an escape route.

P.S. - We agree. We hate to a great older tree like that have to go.

P.P.S. - We had to laugh. Our word of the day is havenest. Sort of fitting for a tree coming down.

Noll's Nip said...

Wow....that was a big tree!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Wow, now that is a sight even the old Momster has never seen. We see lots of flying leaves, but no trees - as long as the tornadoes stay away.

Happy weekend.

Woos ~ Phantom,Thunder, and Ciara

The Army of Four said...

Flying trees!!??!! Now that's something altogether different! I wonder if there are any flying squirrels in them!?!?
Play bows,
Zim

How Sam Sees It said...

People don't think these things through so well.

Sam

Sychoberians said...

Wow, a flying tree, we hope we never see on of those but it was pretty cool seeing yours.

Remy and Flash

Teddy Westlife said...

OMG the trees are flying now?

Khady Lynn said...

I always hate to see people cut down perfectly healthy trees too. But, I understand they can sometimes cause problems.

Cool pics though!

Holly

Suka said...

hey Jack-a-roo and Miss Moo,

Oh my dawg! You have flying trees where you live? Do they drop squirrels as they fly by?

It is very sad to see big majestic trees chopped down. I hope its wood is put to good use.

Suka

Phred said...

Rice Ride!
Did yose guys strap on a harness an
go for a TreeRide ??

sharkgila said...

So sad to see a tree so old get cut down. But what a way to go!

Woooo,
Togo, Tagar & Gamby

Elyse K said...

Jack, I like the picture of you looking out of the window!